I was among the experts on a review panel to give feedback to founders about their five-minute investor pitch. Our comments included:
- At the six-minute mark, the end of your talk was nowhere in sight.
- I honestly don’t know what business you are in.
- Almost every slide in your deck had at least three obvious typos.
- The information on many of your slides was unrelated to what you were saying.
- It’s difficult for me to have enthusiasm for your company when you don’t show any enthusiasm in talking about it
I don’t understand it.
Every moment that the experts spend on this trivia is a moment not spent giving you feedback that your roommate’s brother-in-law’s dog-walker could not.
Fix the easy stuff beforehand so we can help you with the hard stuff.